Blake W. Shaffer – Owner
Blake is the owner and started LWS in 2008. He has extensive experience in business start ups; guiding small & medium sized companies into successful businesses.
– BS in Accountancy/Finance from Wright State University
– Worked for two full service accounting firms in Springfield, OH before starting LWS Tax & Accounting
– Expert in taxes, having prepared all types of taxes and representing clients before various local, state and federal government agencies
Blake is a family man and loves spending time with his wife Tina and their two children, Landon and Aliya. He teaches his kids to love every aspect of life with joy and laughter. He also loves to play softball, office basketball and enjoys taking his daughter skating. And to top it off, he’s basically a ping pong powerhouse. (Brian will argue that he is better.)
All in all, Blake is revamping the way humans view taxes and accounting by creating an experience that is fun and welcoming.
Brian Plank – Payroll Specialist, Accountant
Brian has been with LWS since it’s birth. He is excellent at scaring his colleagues when they least expect it. He’s basically the Will Ferrell of our office.
– Helps business start-ups and cuts costs for firms
– Specializes in individual taxes and business payroll
– Extraordinary with customers and well informed about tax laws and regulations
Brian is recently engaged to his beautiful fiancée Sara. They have two kids named Aynslee and Tucker. Brian dominates in office basketball games and will destroy you with his insane ping pong skills. (Blake will argue that he is better.) He always brings laughter to the office with his amusing humor and quick wit. You’ll like working with him.
Joseph Hogue – Accounting Manager
Joe (or as we like to call him, “Cash Flow Joe”) is our Accounting Manager. He guides clients through financial decisions with his ninja-precise attention to detail and problem solving skills.
– BS in Accountancy from Wright State University
– Graduated with honors and was inducted into Betta Gamma Sigma
– Accountant at a local credit union for 6 years
– Extremely experienced in QuickBooks and client accounting
When Joe isn’t working he likes biking, hiking and anything that involves being outdoors. He also creates art through computer programs. If you have the chance to meet with him, we think you’ll appreciate his kind spirit and his eagerness to provide exceptional service to all clients.
Also, his ping pong skills are superb. In case you were wondering.
Heather Shaffer – Administrative Assistant
Heather is our Administrative Assistant. She will be the first person you’ll see when you come to our office.
– Payroll Specialist at a large company in Cincinnati
– ACE Certified Personal Trainer
– Associate’s degree in Human Resource Management
While she is not so good at the ping pong, she is well organized and detail oriented. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with her lab puppy, Miles, and spending time with her awesome family. It is debatable that she is the strongest person in the office.
Amy Glass – Accountant
Amy has been with LWS for a few years. She’s a fan of the color winter pink. (Google it.) And she wants you to know that when it comes to ping pong, she beats Blake every single time.
– Masters in Business Administration and Accounting from the University of Phoenix
– Worked as an accountant at a non-profit for 7 years
While yes, Amy is a stellar accountant, she is the wife of Ryan Glass and the mother of 4 girls: Chloe, Kendall, Kalin and Nylah. She enjoys working out and appreciates good food. She is a fan of card games, funny people, wine, swimming and friendship. She’ll tell you she’s boring, but we think that’s a big fat lie. You’ll agree.
Sarah Burns – Staff Accountant
Sarah is the new girl at LWS. She is the quiet one out of the bunch, but don’t let that fool you. She fits in perfectly with the rest of the crew, and brings a great work ethic to the table.
– Bachelor Degree in Business Administration from Urbana University
– Worked at Security National Bank for 3 years as a New Accounts Customer Service Representative
She is the wife of Adam Burns and the mother of an adorable baby boy Liam. She enjoys spending time with family, and slow pitch softball in her free time.