Blake W. Shaffer – Owner
Blake is the owner and started LWS in 2008. He has extensive experience in business start ups; guiding small & medium sized companies into successful businesses.
– BS in Accountancy/Finance from Wright State University
– Worked for two full service accounting firms in Springfield, OH before starting LWS Tax & Accounting
– Expert in taxes, having prepared all types of taxes and representing clients before various local, state and federal government agencies
Blake is a family man and loves spending time with his wife Tina and their two children, Landon and Aliya. He teaches his kids to love every aspect of life with joy and laughter. He also loves to play softball, office basketball and enjoys taking his daughter skating. And to top it off, he’s basically a ping pong powerhouse. (Brian will argue that he is better.)
All in all, Blake is revamping the way humans view taxes and accounting by creating an experience that is fun and welcoming.
Brian Plank – Payroll Specialist, Accountant
Brian has been with LWS since it’s birth. He is excellent at scaring his colleagues when they least expect it. He’s basically the Will Ferrell of our office.
– Helps business start-ups and cuts costs for firms
– Specializes in individual taxes and business payroll
– Extraordinary with customers and well informed about tax laws and regulations
Brian is married to his wife Sara, and they have two kids named Aynslee and Tucker. Brian dominates in office basketball games and will destroy you with his insane ping pong skills. (Blake will argue that he is better.) He always brings laughter to the office with his amusing humor and quick wit. You’ll like working with him.
Marilyn Morrison-Manning – Accounting Manager
Marilyn is crucial to the LWS team and is an extremely hard worker and enjoys taking on new challenges. She has a very kind heart and loves laughing at all the crazy things that happen in the office.
– Bachelors degree in Business Administration from Husson University
– Graduated Summa Cum Laude and was inducted into Sigma Beta Delta honor society
– Worked at a construction company for 9 years in their accounting department
Marilyn is from Maine and has been living in Ohio for the last couple of years. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her husband going hiking, kayaking, and any outdoor activity. She also has a golden retriever puppy that she is training to compete in dock diving competitions.
Alison Brown – Staff Accountant
Alison graduated from Cedarville University and grew up in Dayton, OH. She is married and just welcomed a newborn to their family and also have a cat and a dog. She loves to visit family in Nashville and enjoys hiking and volunteering at her church during her free time.
– BS in Accountancy from Cedarville University
– Interned at LexusNexis
– Worked at Mangen and Associates and did accounting work for charter schools in Ohio
– Worked art I Supply in their accounting Department
Dasia Pittman – Junior Accountant
Dasia prepares all aspects of business accounting, including data entry, reconciling and analyzing reports. She graduated from Vandalia-Butler High school in 2015. She has worked at financial institutions since graduating. In her spare time, she likes to listen to podcasts, music and spending time outside with her dog Lucy.
– Bank Teller at Midusa Credit Union
– Bank Operation at Financial bank
Brenda Tovar- Client HR, Payroll, and Tax Specialist
She was raised in the small town of South Charleston and attended Southeastern High School. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her family, playing with her pets, creating handmade soaps, traveling, watching scary movies and eating way too much spicy food.
– Bachelor of Science in Business, Human Resource Management
– Specialize in HR, Payroll, and taxes
Ashley Pollock – Office Manager
Ashley grew up in Springfield, OH and graduated from Northwestern High School. She has two kids and has fun teaching and molding them into who they are meant to be. She is passionate about seeing people live in freedom and watch them grow into who the are supposed to be. Ashley is super competitive and loves working with people who will challenge her.
– Worked as Project Manager for Champion City Media
– Was a seasonal Administrative Assistant prior to being Office Manager
– Certified in Ministry from River Bible Institute
Josh Storts – Sales
Josh was born and raised in Springfield, Ohio with an extended stay in Dallas, Texas for about 6 years. He is married to Natalie and they have two beautiful girls named Stella and Finley. In his spare time he enjoys reading and is currently trying to read 100 books in a year! Josh has a passion for mentoring and seeing Springfield grow into a place where people want to live and work. He also loves coffee and says there is nothing better than having a great conversation over a hot cup of coffee.
– BS in Sports Management from Cedarville University
– Worked for a non profit for 4 years
– Sales management for 6 years covering areas in both Ohio and Texas
Chris Myhren – Videographer
5 years ago if you asked Chris to guess where he’d be working, an accounting firm would probably be close to his last guess. Fortunately, while he is an employee at LWS, he doesn’t have to rely on his algebra skills to pay the bills. He is LWS’s in house video guy and he enjoys documenting everyday life at LWS and would like to assure all their viewers that yes, work actually does gets done around here. When he’s not filming taxes being filed, he enjoys filming weddings and anything else thrown his way. Outside of film he enjoys playing sports, backpacking and landscape photography.
– Freelance wedding videography
– Videographer for Champion City Media