Blake W. Shaffer – Owner
Blake is the owner and started LWS in 2008. He has extensive experience in business start ups; guiding small & medium sized companies into successful businesses.
– BS in Accountancy/Finance from Wright State University
– Worked for two full service accounting firms in Springfield, OH before starting LWS Tax & Accounting
– Expert in taxes, having prepared all types of taxes and representing clients before various local, state and federal government agencies
Blake is a family man and loves spending time with his wife Tina and their two children, Landon and Aliya. He teaches his kids to love every aspect of life with joy and laughter. He also loves to play softball, office basketball and enjoys taking his daughter skating. And to top it off, he’s basically a ping pong powerhouse. (Brian will argue that he is better.)
All in all, Blake is revamping the way humans view taxes and accounting by creating an experience that is fun and welcoming.
Brian Plank – Payroll Specialist, Accountant
Brian has been with LWS since it’s birth. He is excellent at scaring his colleagues when they least expect it. He’s basically the Will Ferrell of our office.
– Helps business start-ups and cuts costs for firms
– Specializes in individual taxes and business payroll
– Extraordinary with customers and well informed about tax laws and regulations
Brian is married to his wife Sara, and they have two kids named Aynslee and Tucker. Brian dominates in office basketball games and will destroy you with his insane ping pong skills. (Blake will argue that he is better.) He always brings laughter to the office with his amusing humor and quick wit. You’ll like working with him.
Joseph Hogue – Accounting Manager
Joe (or as we like to call him, “Cash Flow Joe”) is our Accounting Manager. He guides clients through financial decisions with his ninja-precise attention to detail and problem solving skills.
– BS in Accountancy from Wright State University
– Graduated with honors and was inducted into Betta Gamma Sigma
– Accountant at a local credit union for 6 years
– Extremely experienced in QuickBooks and client accounting
When Joe isn’t working he likes biking, hiking and anything that involves being outdoors. He also creates art through computer programs. If you have the chance to meet with him, we think you’ll appreciate his kind spirit and his eagerness to provide exceptional service to all clients.
Also, his ping pong skills are superb. In case you were wondering.
Marilyn Morrison-Manning – Staff Accountant
Marilyn is one of our new accountants at LWS. She is a hard worker and enjoys the boys in the office teaching her how to be better at ping pong. She has a very kind heart and loves laughing at the boys being crazy.
– Bachelors degree in Business Administration from Husson University
– Graduated Summa Cum Laude and was inducted into Sigma Beta Delta honor society
– Worked at a construction company for 9 years in their accounting department
Marilyn recently moved to Ohio from Maine. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her husband going hiking, kayaking, and any outdoor activity. She also has a golden retriever puppy that she is training to compete in dock diving competitions.
Alison Brown – Staff Accountant
Alison graduated from Cedarville University and grew up in Dayton, OH. She is married and just welcomed a newborn to their family and also have a cat and a dog. She loves to visit family in Nashville and enjoys hiking and volunteering at her church during her free time.
– BS in Accountancy from Cedarville University
– Interned at LexusNexis
– Worked at Mangen and Associates and did accounting work for charter schools in Ohio
– Worked art I Supply in their accounting Department
Ashley Pollock – Office Manager
Ashley grew up in Springfield, OH and graduated from Northwestern High School. She has two kids and has fun teaching and molding them into who they are meant to be. She is passionate about seeing people live in freedom and watch them grow into who the are supposed to be. Ashley is super competitive and loves working with people who will challenge her.
– Worked as Project Manager for Champion City Media
– Was a seasonal Administrative Assistant prior to being Office Manager
– Certified in Ministry from River Bible Institute